Total Pageviews

Sunday, March 13, 2011

living in chaos

I thought I would allow a peek at the absurd maddening chaos we are living in right now. We are still cooking on the hot plate in the bedroom and I think I am losing my cool. To calm the sturm and drang inside me, I paint two red pictures, one entitled Tools of the Trade, and another just a dark brooding picture showing how helpless I feel. The tools are everywhere; thousands of them. Manu and his team seem to have other fish to fry and they work only when they feel like it! There are lists and lists of tasks to be done before the kitchen comes in. The kitchen is supposed to arrive in 8 days, and is supposed to be built in and ready for use before 2 weeks are over. How am I to manage the stress? My other half is cool and calm and ever so collected!











But, we have no idea what has to be done first. Put the floor in before the kitchen? Put the floor in afterwards? When do you treat the floor? How long does it take to dry? Can you cook in the new kitchen if the floor is not in or not treated yet? What about the five thousands books? How do you move them off the floor when you have to place the new floorboards? When do you build the bookshelf? Where do you put the furniture while you place the floorboards? As it is, there is stuff everywhere and we have to by necessity LIVE in the house while building. I do not recommend it.

I remind myself that we have no tsunami here.